Monday 18 June 2007

The first one - the hussar template


And here's the first template which many people will already have seen - the generic hussar. In fact this is a French uniform but at that period, of course, hussar uniforms tended to be fairly similar. I may well get round to doing some different national variants but not for a while, as so many basic templates still need to be drawn. I have tweaked it a little (including rounding off those nastily square lace loop ends on the pelisse) and now it has the large kolpak or fur cap of the SYW period, rather than the 1740s small kolpak of the original.

David.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Saturday 6th June 2020 I've decided to allow comments from Anonymous Users but I'll still be moderating posts, as I'm sure the spam will probably flood in now! We'll see...